These days it seems that the state of Colorado is known for two things: awesome skiing and snowboarding in the winter, and marijuana. The first has been a widely known asset to the state for many decades, but the latter is relatively new. In the November 2012 state elections, Amendment 64 was on put on […]
Insomnia is a very common disorder that is faced by all most all age groups. It is caused due to stress at work or home, some painful trauma, poor sleeping habits, poor eating habits, improper eating schedule, mental disorders, high power medicines, excess consumption of caffeine or alcohol or nicotine, or some medical conditions.
Symptoms of Insomnia
The person might struggle in falling asleep, waking up in the middle of the night, feeling restlessness all the time, feeling exhausted or tired all day long, getting irritated for pity reasons, lack of focus or attention on duty, feeling worried about everything, and many more.
Can sleeping supplements help in getting good sleep?
If you are wishing to overcome your sleepless nights and want to Get Your Sleep Without Tossing and Turning, you can consume sleep pills but only for a short period, but if you are struggling to fall asleep for a longer period, then you must get some professional medical help.
How can you improve your sleep?
- Avoid or Reduce blue light exposure in the evening.
- Reduce the consumption of caffeine late in the day.
- Increase bright light exposure during the day.
- Try to sleep and wake at consistent times.
- Avoid or Reduce irregular or long daytime naps.
- Consider natural sleeping aids or other supplements.
- Take a melatonin supplement only after a doctor’s prescription.
- Optimize your bedroom environment.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Do not eat late in the evening.
- Set your bedroom temperature.
- Relax and clear your mind in the evening, go for a walk or ride a cycle.
- Rule out a sleep disorder.
- Take a relaxing bath or shower.
- Get a comfortable bed, mattress, and pillow.
- Do not drink any liquids before bed.
- Exercise regularly in the morning or evening but not before bed